Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thomasville Sofas.com

The production of leaf mold and grass


If you like and like plants, will be to face sooner or later with plants which are rich, well drained forest floor like it or need it even to develop well may - no later then arises the question of how to make humus rich soils formed in the garden and which requires substrates, in order to achieve the desired conditions. Basically, mulch, mulch, mulch. First of all, with leaves, but also with a wood shredder, cutting shrubs, small twigs, pine litter, Grass clippings and all other things, loosen the soil and slowly decay.

In the pictures above you can see the vast amounts of branches and wood chips, I pick-up every year with neighbors and the whole family, with a truck to drive us, and then shred with my friend in early April, several days of work.


On the right you can see the fresh pile of shredder from April 2009 (the year's I have unfortunately not photographed, he was about twice as large). In addition, no less valuable material stored: leaves that I got from a plot of my family, which is located near the forest, meet together and to my Services have moved. There are about 35 large bags of leaves, tightly compressed, sometimes a lot more that I let any fall or even in spring also reverse actions by truck and then store a season.

I am a lazy Kompostiererin and turn the pile never, not once I let him be simple - half under a Pear Tree, half in the sun - and wait until the foliage is falling apart. Sometimes I get a few shovels to mulch the beds shadow, but by and large, the foliage is a year around untouched.


now in the fall of both clusters have collapsed heavily on the right is collected but already the first leaf of this year. Among them, however - you can see where I've dug - the wonderful leaf mold has formed, which is still riddled with twigs, leaves harder species and cattle parts, very ideal for many shade perennials, but especially for Hepatica. Now in the fall, I shovel some of this earth to the side in order to spring him have available, either for new beds, order or Einpflanzaktionen or just to sprinkle on the black patches.


The earth is not quite finished, but that is not even intended, because the more solid components keep the soil loose. My foliage collection includes many different types of leaves, but primarily beech, oak, hazel, lime, maple, ash, pear, alder and walnut. Now in the fall of the earth smells wonderfully of forest and I'm looking forward to spring when I can give you very soon in the shade plants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment